So I ended staying up and awake for almost 36 hours straight. I finally emailed it to him 3 hours before the consultation. He chided me for it but heck, who cares. Its done. And Im proud of it.
Made my way to find the psych dept. Almost got myself lost because really, who goes to AS4???
The department smelt of fresh paint and my my my, its certainly bigger than the old one. As I walked through the corridor, I coulnt help but notice many new names on the office doors. Anyhow, I must say, the meeting with him went really well. I thought I'd be intimidated and ramble nonsense but somehow, I found myself at ease. It could be the lack of sleep but certainly,while he has high expectations and can be pretty headstrong once he deems an aspect to be unfeasible, I realise that his word isn't law and he knows it. So when I disagreed with him, I went ahead and told him. And he was receptive!
Now, why the exclaimation? Because many students find him hard to be around. But I think, these students probably dont know how to stand up and speak up if they're unhappy. He's not an unreasonable man. He just has very high expectations. In fact, even when I did find myself rambling, he said very nicely "Go on, just try (to explain)". He's quite nice to chat with too.
The meeting lasted a whopping 3 and 1/2 hours.
After that, I met up with Nudgie because he was at ntu for some course and he finished early so came to nus to wait for me. Poor thing. He had to wait outside the library instead of the usual because now, to get in, you need to tap your matric card at the gantry! What the heck!! And there are other changes too! The swaps table is gone. Arts club has been almost completely demolished. And the canteen is STILL not completed even though that make shift canteen at the carpark is gone!
There better be a canteen by next month.
Anyway, I've got ammendments to make for the proposal before it goes to the ethics board who'd take bloody long to approve/disapprove of it. Till then, my hands would be ties. So the sooner I submit it to him to check and approve, the sooner it then goes on to the board.
Back to work again. What holiday?
END POST~12.52pm
No comments:
Post a Comment