I was blog surfing and decided to check out this junior's blog (realise I have him on MSN) because sometime last week or so, I bumped into him and his friend and we managed to sustain quite a decent conversation given he's probably 3 years my junior and was my cadet back in Dunman.
So anyway, I'm actually super proud of him because like me, he was the only one from his batch in Dunman to go on to VJ. Unlike me, he was probably high profile. Heard he was one of the soccer players and a house captain. So cool right? :) Okay la, I have to admit, from afar, Ive always thought those people to be cool la.
Anyway, the last time I saw him, I was passing my C maths notes to him. And I'm still getting used to the fact that his voice's broken. I remember he was one of the cadets who stood out. See, when we were NCOs, we had this rather dumb practice of getting everyone to write reports on what they have learnt and what they liked or didnt like about the seniors. It was our supply of entertainment la. So this guy, Zeya, his English was superb la. I remember one of my friends had to check the dictionary for some of the words he used. Haha!
Now he's all grown up and quite charming really. He's still in NS but he'll be out next year and he'll be off to school.
The little meeting we had was surprising. I bet the conversation could have stretched on further if not for the fact that I had to rush off for my Dad's birthday and he and his friend (who reminds me of Najib :)) had to go off somewhere too. I know it sounds silly but the sheer coincidence of it, he elaborates the many coincidences that led up to our meeting very thoroughly on his blog, was amazing. So discovering that he dedicated an entire blog post on it makes the chance encounter even more special because its mutual.. :)
Ok la. Plus he said nice things about me.. .
"Her name's Farah, and she used to be my senior in Dunman Sec NPCC. I respected her alot because of her commitment, patience and other worthy virtues."
Hehehehehhehe...giggle giggle...hehehehe..worthy virtues????? Wait. Why are some of the words in past tense???
Still, gosh, Im such a sucker for compliments.
END POST~11.20am
No comments:
Post a Comment