Monday, August 04, 2008

The monday blues didnt hit me as bad today as it did last week. Sat and Sun didnt fly by so quickly this time round so I was able to savor every bit of it and oh, how splendid it was :)

After 2 months of recuperating from the backache, I finally ran on sat. It was a lovely evening and I managed to catch the sun set. Beautiful. The lush greenary against an orange-blue sky. Ahhhh... I tell you, I'm so blessed to be living here. My estate is probably one of the best estates in spore. As I was running, I bumped into the usual joggers. The amazing ah pek who's stamina is like woah. He runs back and forth countless times. The auntie who alternates between walks, jogs and cycle, depending on her mood, i suppose. The girl who jogs while daintily clutching her handkerchief with both hands. But I guess I missed the others since I arrived at the park connector slightly before 7 instead of the usual 6pm.

After the jog, I met up with my ex-fri-lunch girls :) We were chatting and eating and having fun that time simply went by too quickly!

Sunday. Family day. I decided that sunday would be bontot-my-parents day (tag along with parents). I havent gone out with them..just three of us..in what seems like a long time. We explored pasir ris together as they havent been to the new mall at downtown east, and we discovered tonnes of halal places to eat at. And my my, what a feast we had. We started with sushi, then satay, roti john, mee rebus, ice cream and cake. On me :) There's nothing sweeter than surprising parents by footing the bill. They've given me so much. I owe them everything.

Sigh. My daddy's leaving next monday and hopefully I can get the day off. The last time he went away to work for a few years in the mid east was when I was ard 2-4. In fact, my first memory ever can be traced back to that time. I remember following my mom to the post office where she made trunk calls in a private booth within the post office. I remember waiting for his letters and I remember my mom/sis reading his letters to me. In one of them, he said that he wanted me to write and if I could, he'd give me 5 bucks. And so I did :) I dont know what I scribbled but I remember attaching a drawing as well. I was trying to draw my family and I can still clearly recall how frustrated I was that the people ended up looking like weird monsters with super long limbs. I still keep the letters from yesteryears :) And that drawing is probably still in my 'memory' box.

This time will be different. Emails, phone calls and even webcam :)

Anyhoos, I cannot wait for my pay. Gosh, how many times have I mentioned that in my posts? I already have a mental list of things I wanna get once the dough comes in.

Money money money.......MONEY! I want.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-) can i see the picture you drew?

Anonymous said...

Is that you b? :) Of course you can :)
-far-

Anonymous said...

:-)