Thursday, January 17, 2008

It is HOT HOT HOT in sg today isnt it?

The glare from the sun is almost unbearable today that Im thankful that I got my shades just in time for the dry spell typically expected in jan-feb :)

At first I felt pretty self-conscious about wearing them because I dont want people to think Im a poser or anything but really la...buay tahan..plus I got a bit of encouragement when I saw others at the bus stop with it on. So hee..I put it on and I didnt want to take them off cos I just love how I dont have to squirm my eyes anymore!

And I realise that its really dumb to feel self-conscious abt the shades. I mean, how come when Im overseas, I dont care? Is it a tourist thing? But its ridiculous right? Sg is really sunny so people shouldnt think others are posers for wearing them (Fine, I was one of them la..but only when its clearly raining and the fella has it on la...thats a bit odd..but im beginning to understand why people leave their sunglasses on while on the train..cos its more convenient considering the train would eventually emerge into the 'outdoors'). So fine. I shall stop secretly rolling my eyes at these people. After all, everybody has the right to protecting their eyes from UV rays-something which I just realise ive been neglecting and now im trying to make up for it!

And you should too if you havent already. For the budget conscious like myself, you can find relatively cheap shades without compromising on quality. For instance, the one I have is from a brand called skyline and it can be found at petrol kiosks and get this, the co-op! Its only $39.95 but it has the following areas of compliance:

1) Optical quality- lenses would not cause magnification and are of the correct spherical curvature (In other words, you wont get a headache while or after wearing them. For example, when I try on those shades that can be found at far east etc, I get migranes after no more than 5 mins)
2) The Polarising filter eliminates up to 99.9% of potentially harmful UVA and UVB rays
3) Shatter resistance provides eye protection in the event of accidental breakage
4) Colouration factor (no distortion of traffic light signals)
5) Equal transmission in each lens
6) The scratch resistant coating makes the lens 5 times more resistant to scratching
7) Lightweight

Ok. I'll stop selling koyok now..but really la..Im happy I found THE shades after my my sister's Op shades kena damage by me after the tioman trip.

La la la..Im feeling much better today! I cant really breathe as easy and I discovered something startling. I burp a lot when Im sick. Perhaps because I have to breathe through my mouth so air ends up in my tummy. Either way, it is superbly uncomfortable to stifle burps on the mrt. Its tantamount to torture, I tell you. So you can imagine my happiness when I could just be in open air and burp to my air-passage's content.

END POST~4.58pm

No comments: