Thursday, June 19, 2008

I broke my self-imposed home confinement twice this week. I went swimming on Tues (it felt amazing to be weightless in water. Super relaxing. Plus, I think im perfecting my backstroke :)), Bailed on a meet up with cheryl, jee and mel (sorry) on wed cos I needed to recover from tue's activity. On hindsight, maybe I ought not have gone swimming. Then today, I went for my first physio consultation. The guy is good la. Super friendly and helpful. He did a thorough assessment and concluded that I suffer an acute back pain and that the muscles are on its way to recovery, although a bit of inflammation remains and the mechanical pain may persist for 4-6 weeks. The other painful part is that it is super expensive per session. And if what farhana say is true, that usually, it would take 8 sessions, then bye bye to any gym/yoga/pilates membership for the next year or more.

Met my sis and yx there. :) I realise that most of my dear ones are working at the same place! Sis brought me around and had lunch with me. I talked to her about dying my hair cos work, yes, WORK STARTS NEXT MONDAY, and my roots are showing and all. She convinced me to go today because after all, Im out of the house, so might as well, instead of dragging myself out another day instead of resting. So I dragged myself down and ended up sitting for 5 1/2 hours. I kept wriggling in my seat cos i was hurting sitting so long. But no choice.

Anyway, the result? Im amazed. I mean, I havent seen my hair this dark in ages. I suppose its almost the color of my natural hair. I mean I loved my blond streaks but Im in for a change, so Bam! Its now brownish-black with (currently non-visible) dark red streaks. Red. Gosh. Ive always stayed clear of red cos I have this image of aunties whenever I think of reddish hair. I told this to the hairdresser who recommended the color and he promptly retorted "Auntie??? Its not the color, its the person" or smt to that effect. Ok la.

Anyway, my hip hurts from all the sitting. Im going to lie down as much as possible for the next couple of days. And apply a hot pack twice a day :)

END POST~10.19pm

No comments: