So yesterday, out of the goodness of my heart, I volunteered to help the department promote psychology to incoming freshmen right? I totally did not expect to be paid so naturally, I was excited at the prospect of adding some moolah to my thin thin almost disappearing wallet (darn tuition kid has YET to pay me). But then I found out its 10 bucks for the 8-5pm stint. I KNOW. BUT considering I wasnt expecting anything, its better than nothing. So at the end of the day, i signed the form declaring that Im about to claim the payment and stuff. I submitted the form to one of the lecturers i/c for the day.
And i just stood there waiting before i asked him "sir, so how do i go about collecting the payment"
Him: "Oh, it will be channelled to your bank account"
Me: (thinking:but i didnt give him my acc no) Looks at him blankly
Him: Office of finance will deposit the money to the account from which you pay your school fees.
Me: Oh. (walks away, baffled and feeling a tad cheated...but of course, due to cognitive dissonance, i told myself i wasnt expecting the money anyway)
SHEESH.
Last night was great. Went roller blading with two people I adore. My najib and my buddy and life-long friend farhana. :) It was so spontaneous. I met najib at 9pm. We were supposed to run but due to certain circumstances, I decided blading instead. So as we bladed along, i heard someone coming from behind, groaning (the kinda groans when you see a familiar person..ok, maybe groan is the wrong word) and tada! :) So we bladed till midnight. So cool.
Im going off to Tioman with farhana, rauf and nadeem. Haha. I know..such an unlikely group but heck! Since rauf initiated and is doing all planning i dont mind. We're gonna travel, budget-style. :) So that will be from 13-15/16/17 June.
Till then, i shall be busy busy busy working crazy hours as of this coming fri/sat.
PS: Phew, im in the clear. The minor surgery may not need to take place. Thank GOD.
No comments:
Post a Comment